Tivoli Opera House

Location: 30 Eddy (near Market); Eddy/Mason (southwest corner); 70 Eddy.

The first Tivoli Opera House, starting 1879, was a house on Eddy near Market (first three images below). In 1903, the Tivoli moved into the former Panorama Building (built 1884) at Eddy/Mason ("People's Palace" in fourth image below). The building was destroyed by the 1906 earthquake and fire. A new Tivoli Theatre nearby replaced it in 1913 and was eventually demolished in 1951.


g1011.png tivoli2.png tivoli6.png g1012.png tivoli4.png tivoli5.png tivoli3.png


souvenir_4625F.png tivoli1.png /www/img/sf/sf_postcards/tivoli.jpg: cannot find thumbnail